Frequent Asked Questions

Can I make a personal injury claim?

If you have been involved in a road traffic accident within the last three years and the accident wasn’t your fault, then you are eligible to make a personal injury claim.


Will my vehicle be repaired after a road traffic accident?

This completely depends upon the extent of the damage to your vehicle. After we have taken on your case we will instruct an independent engineer to assess the damage and determine if your vehicle can be repaired. If the vehicle can be repaired, we will have it repaired.


Will I be charged for vehicle repairs?

We will not charge you for the repair of your vehicle following an accident providing the engineer has deemed it repairable and there is an identifiable insurance policy to claim against.


Does the repairer use genuine manufacture parts?

We have been asked this question many times as everyone always wants to make sure their vehicle is in safe hands. We can assure you that your car will be repaired by a qualified garage and all parts used are genuine.


What if my vehicle is not repairable?

If your vehicle is deemed beyond economical repair after inspection (also known as write off), then we will evaluate how much your car is worth and subsequently make a payment in line with the value of your car.


Will I receive a replacement vehicle?

If you were not at fault for the accident then we will arrange to place you in a like-for-like vehicle. If you were at fault, then we may be able to provide you with a replacement vehicle. However, this is subject to availability and accident circumstances.


Do I need to pay an excess on my insurance?

There is no excess payable on non-fault accidents. If you are found to be at fault following a motor accident then we can, at our own discretion, agree to pay your excess. If you are concerned about the excess, then discuss it with one of our advisers and we will look to put your mind at ease.


Do I need to insure any vehicle received through First Accident Assistance?

We generally insure all vehicles that we provide to you and so does our partner firms. If this is not the case, we will inform you at the time of signing our hire agreement.


Will I be police charged following an accident?

This entirely depends on the accident, witnesses and the police. If at the time of the accident the police have deemed that you have conducted yourself and driving in an inappropriate and illegal way, they will charge you. However, if you believe you weren’t driving in a reckless or dangerous way, the charges can be disputed.


Will my insurance premiums increase?

If you were found to be at fault in a road traffic accident, your premiums may increase, but this is something you will have to discuss with your insurance provider.


Will I lose my no-claims bonus?

If you are at fault in a car accident then you may lose your no-claims bonus, if it has not been protected. Protected no-claims bonus usually comes with an additional premium on top. If you are not sure about this then you can call us to discuss further or call your insurance company.


Who is First Accident Assistance?

We are a multifaceted company operating within the insurance industry since 2010 registered in Scotland under registration number SC388171. We have many subsidiary companies and partners and we are always looking to expand and grow, so if you are interested in conducting business with us, please contact us to discuss further.


Will I be charged for using the services of First Accident Assistance?

We generally don’t charge our customers for using our services as our fees are collected from the insurance companies.


Will you collect your fees from my insurance company?

If you are at fault in a car accident, then our fees will be collected from your insurance. If you were not at fault in the accident, then the fees will be claimed from the at fault driver’s insurance company.